Assura®: Convex Light 1-Piece MIDI Closed Pouch, Filter, 7" (18 cm) - 350 mL, Standard Wear, Opaque, 10/bx
With Assura® 1-piece closed, the adhesive is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole system is removed and replaced.
Assura® 1-piece closed systems are available with flat or convex baseplates. The broad assortment consists of various pre-cut or hole sizes that can be customized, with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 1-piece closed has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Efficient filter - the integrated three-layer filter prevents the risk of the pouch ballooning up and causing unnecessary bulges, and neutralizes odour
- Soft backing fabric - strong and water repellent, allowing for easy drying after a wash or swim
- Body-friendly shape - the shape of the pouch is anatomical, making it discreet and comfortable to wear
Convexity for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 1-piece closed is available with two different levels of convexity,
designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.
Ask your enterostomal therapy nurse for more information about convexity.